1. What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering your membership with us (including name, email address, contact numbers, and postal address)
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
We may send a cookie which may be stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability and for marketing purposes. We may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit our website, and to personalise our website for you.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking ‘Tools’, ‘Internet Options’, ‘Privacy’, and selecting ‘Block all cookies’ using the sliding selector. This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
3. Data Protection Notice
The information provided by you as a member will be held and processed by Skelmorlie Golf Club only for record-keeping, analysis for marketing purposes, and for sending you newsletters and other information directly connected with the business of Skelmorlie Golf Club. Every year all Club members with emails will be asked to opt in to email communications from the club.
Subject to applicable data protection legislation, Skelmorlie Golf Club may give information about you and your application to:
- Its employees and the appropriate unpaid official post holders to deal with your Membership and Member’s accounts, and on the understanding that they keep such information confidential.
- Skelmorlie Golf Club will not pass on your personal details to anyone else without your prior consent.
- We will ask for your consent in providing your telephone contact details and email address in the clubhouse in a contact directory for use by Club members to assist in arranging competition golf ties. Alternatively or additionally you can add an appropriate means of contact (phone or email) to the competition draw sheet that can be used to make contact. Your home address information or other membership details will not be shared with other club members.
4. Other Disclosures
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are or are contemplating selling.
5. Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Data transmission (such as data backups) over the internet is carefully managed, and while we cannot totally guarantee the security of data sent via the internet, we will take appropriate steps to minimise this risk as much as possible.
6. Policy amendments
7. Your rights
By law you are entitled to a copy of any ‘personal data’ (as defined by the Data Protection Act 1998) about you that Skelmorlie Golf Club holds within its records.
If you wish to see this information at any time, you must make a written request. Please send this to the Secretary of Skelmorlie Golf Club in the first instance. You will have to pay a fee of £5.
Skelmorlie Golf Club has a legal duty to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. Please help to do this by immediately notifying us of any changes to your information.
8. Third party websites
This website contains links to other websites. We are however not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Further Data Protection Information for Members of Skelmorlie Golf Club
Please note that member details including emails are not shared online or offline by officials of Skelmorlie Golf Club, either with any 3rd parties or indeed other members of Skelmorlie Golf Club without your permission. Unless it is done as part of providing additional member services to a particular member, for instance a credit company used by that member, we will advise you when this is being done.
All emails when sent to members of the golf club from SGC are always individual to the recipients and do not disclose email addresses or other personal details of any other members when multiple mailings are happening.
Personal membership details are held within the membership and handicapping software, and are used only to process administrative tasks within the club. This information is kept securely in the Clubhouse office and on the office computer. Access to the office, files and the computer system is confidential, restricted and therefore limited to just those in official positions responsible for the administration or management of such data.
Basic member contact details – such as name, telephone number and email is kept in a Club directory in the clubhouse, to facilitate contact between members to arrange golfing ties and other similar activities. Should a member not wish to have their details available in this directory, then they should notify the club secretary of their requirement.
As part of the competition reporting service, SGC members taking part in official competitions will also have their names and handicaps, along with their competition results shown in the lobby of the club and also online with the MasterScoreboard service. Should a member not want their name shown on the online results, this can be requested, and an adjustment made for them individually.
Should anyone have any queries about the confidentiality or security of their information, they should raise this with the club secretary initially.